Tuesday, October 28, 2014

PostNL phoned microsoft security essentials yesterday to clarify but got someone on the line with a


To increase the ease of use to analyze the website and to manage ads Security.NL makes use of cookies. By continuing microsoft security essentials to use this website, or by pressing the chord button clicks, you consent to the use of cookies. Want to know more about cookies? Take a look at our cookie list.
PostNL has customers an e-mail which warns of fake emails going around at the moment and of the postal company mimic, but actually contain malware. Sent Also warned on 13 October PostNL via Twitter that emails were false in circulation, but the warning is repeated. Both through the website as an e-mail to customers. Remarkably PostNL on Twitter about "phishing" says while there is no case of phishing. When phishing attempt to steal data, while the infected e-mails now have a very different microsoft security essentials purpose in circulation.
The fake e-mails that a package could not be delivered to find and user information via a link in the message. microsoft security essentials However, the link points to a counterfeit website PostNL. Since users have to enter a captcha and then get offered a Zip file. "When users open the PDF document in the .zip file, the malicious software microsoft security essentials encrypts any file on that computer," says PostNL.
This explanation is not entirely true. In the Zip file is namely microsoft security essentials no pdf document, but an exe document ending .pdf.exe. Because Windows default no extensions shows people may think that it is a PDF document. The malware in the attachment is the Torrent Locker microsoft security essentials ransomware that encrypts files and then 400 euro asks to decrypt them.
According microsoft security essentials PostNL are the servers that distribute malicious software off the air. "However, the warning remains in effect not to open the fake mail and delete it. The chance that cybercriminals again sending mails is significant," let the post office know. PostNL says it is also in close contact with the National microsoft security essentials Cyber Security microsoft security essentials Centre is, which works to prevent further infections.
I just had this email and I do not trust it. A mail that warns of phishing, but which shares some characteristics of a phishing mail. You have to click on a link (!!!) (alarm 1), which does not refer to a postnl microsoft security essentials url but to subscriber.e-mark.nl (alarm 2), and a rather strange e-mail address as the sender: postnlmijnpakket @ info.postnl.nl microsoft security essentials (alarm 3). Is this real or not? If not, this is a very successful phishing action (or really any phishing in the strict sense of the word-see article), if so, does not seem like quite the most sensible way to warn against phishing (to say the least). Or am I wrong?
Mail last night and weggegduveld for the same reason mentioned above: microsoft security essentials Point url shows: subscriber.e-mark.nl microsoft security essentials Only reason I doubted was that the preamble began with J. Well then write my full name! Jesus, it sometimes takes gallons of ink to more clearly being! Dolts!
anoniem 09:17 I totally agree with you. It is good that PostNL warns its customers but the way could have been better. They had better not link and just have short and powerful in the mail explaining what is going on.
I also had him this morning, but since the opening began with my own name (which phishing emails never do) so I could see that the mail from post.nl to come. Well just look at the Source of the Message where the mail came from, after all, you never know, huh? Definitely play it safe I find so important. microsoft security essentials
PostNL phoned microsoft security essentials yesterday to clarify but got someone on the line with a heavy foreign accent. She did speak Dutch but the accent I did not trust it and I hung up immediately.
(Message of the first Anonymous above) @ Flashback956: Thanks for your comment. It's not me! Anoniem No. 2 and @ Picasa3: For me there was my name in, and that is usually a good sign, but I could on the other hand not remember all that would be best for me to have ever signed Postnl. This is at least the first email I've ever had them. I thought: my name as my email address is nicked microsoft security essentials somewhere, there also are stolen from (and to me is my name in my email address).
PostNL itself microsoft security essentials has not much understood. So yesterday I got an email from them with a warning about this subject. But there were two links in which you had to click to progress. The problem was that directed that links to a e-mark.nl 'domain. Has anyone ever heard of that? And in this kind of emails always advised to first check the link Voorda

No comments:

Post a Comment